Mark Davies – Q Division – Standard. Limited Edition Print. Hand Signed
- Limited Edition Print, hand signed by the artist
- Edition Size: 45 and 5 hand-embellished artist proofs
- Image Size: 18.5 x 25″
- Frame Size: 26 x 32″ approx.
- Medium: Giclee – on paper and glazed
- Price includes frame as shown
- Free standard UK mainland delivery
- 10% off when using code – promo10 at checkout – offer excludes sale items and 0% finance option
- Full Certification & Documentation
- 0% Interest Free Credit Available – see below
- See artist biography below
- Go Back To: DivideBuy is available, for more information click here
Artist Notes: This was a piece inspired by my 2016 ‘Back To The Future’ image called ‘OUTATIME’ where it was originally ‘Doc’s’ workshop, so back in the 80’s and after all these years it’s been repurposed and taken over by ‘Q Division’. The main reference being at the back where the wall has been bricked up to hide the tunnel and there’s an orange glow to hint that something’s still going on.
It’s mainly based on the Daniel Craig set of films, being that this is his final year as Bond. You can see him there, ghosted out against the Aston Martin DB10 and just at the back, behind the DB5 you can see his boss ‘M’ and that’s the concept that there are all of these objects laid out before her as she reminisces about their time in service together.
There’s so much detail in the image from much earlier Bond films through to the current day, in the hope that the true Bond fans will absolutely love studying the piece and seeking out the references within it. It’s been great fun to re-engage, especially for me personally growing up with them and all of the quirky gadgets that you’d always love to see what ‘Q’ had come up with for Bond.
There’s so much to spot, obviously it’s all about cars for me but there’s everything. You’ve got the Bond villains through to showcasing the Bond girls, there are some really obscure references that are all put together to give the piece some drama along with some subtle colouring because that was the idea to create an image that was really classy but that had some personality, with a nice concept behind it and one that the Bond fans will really love.